Saturday, April 19, 2008

Meeting real life Inspirations...

Many of my friends know I belong to a support group of people who have a LOT of weight to lose, like myself. I've belonged to this website since October of 2006. With respect for the privacy of these people, as well as myself (just because I've posted WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too many personal things on that website --- not to mention my weekly weigh ins right there for the world to see) I am not mentioning what the name of this website is... HOWEVER, I do want to share that within the last few months, I've had the opportunity to meet some of the online friends I've made. These people are some of the most supportive, encouraging, motivating, INSPIRING people one could know... So here are my photos with these WONDERFUL shrinking people!!!!

What a bunch of "losers" they are!!! hehehe

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me and Terri (met 3 times!):

.....San Antonio, Texas................... Crystal City, VA................... Alexandria, VA.........
......October, 2007 .........................February, 2008......................... April, 2008..............

** Terri has lost over 60 lbs. and within the last 2 years, has become one of my very best friends!!!!!!!! She has been there for me since day 1 and I couldn't imagine walking this journey without her. She and I are forever friends, that's for sure!!!! ((she's the only person invited to my wedding that was on the guest list before I physically MET in person! hahaha -- but we talked online and on the phone so frequently that it was weird to say we hadn't "met" before October of last year!! haha)) I LOVE THIS GIRL!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me and Paul:

Alexandria, VA ~ April, 2008
** Paul is one of my heros --- he has lost 198 lbs. --- YES, almost 200lbs! OMG! Is he now YOUR hero???? When I met him - and put my arms around him - I couldn't get over how LITTLE he was!!!! This man used to be a BIG GUY! He was always handsome, but look at him now!!!!! He is freaking adorable!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Paul, me, Terri, and Jess P.:

Alexandria, VA ~ April, 2008
** Jess P. (all the way to the right) is another one of my personal heros --- she has lost 134 lbs. --- and in a little LESS than a year!!!!!!! She wears a body bug and works out 6 days a week. She's a true gym rat now! :) I admire her, am envious of her, and really really really respect her!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me and Ralph:

Baltimore, MD ~ April, 2008 (yesterday!)
** Ralph is yet another one of my personal heros --- he has lost 151 lbs. He has been the one to pick me up when I felt like crap and was at a total stand still with my weight loss efforts. He is truly one of the most genuinely kind and caring people I've ever met! I love my Ralph!!!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I'm SO jealous!! One of these days we WILL meet!